For Veterans seeking services with VLP for the first time, we want to make sure the experience is as seamless as possible. Below are a few common questions we receive regarding our services and eligibility for programs.
Who does VLP assist?
We serve ALL Veterans and Service Members regardless of era of service, Veteran Administration (VA) eligibility or discharge status. If you are living in one of our 18 counties or if you are relocating to the area, you are welcome at Veterans Leadership Program.
Am I eligible for VLP services?
To find out if you are eligible to receive VLP services and if we have availability in our programs, please complete an online application through the Client Portal or click the intake button below. If you are in need of assistance completing an online assessment please contact our Main office at 412-481-8200 Ex 214.
What is needed to enroll for VLP services?
DD214, or proof of Veteran status
- A letter or proof of homelessness, which can be from a landlord, family member, friend, shelter or religious organization
- Verification of income, which can include pay stubs, unemployment compensation, SSI, SSDI, VA income or self-declaration of income
- Any documents pertaining to evictions or utility shut-off notices
- Children’s information including birth certificates and social security cards
- Upon completing an online assessment you will need to fax forms to 412-481-8202 or scan/take picture of forms and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (if emailing please make sure email subject reflects name on online application.
Who will I meet when I first come to VLP?
Whether you come into the office for an intake or your first meeting with your Service Coordinator, you will be greeted by our client assistant Timothy Jones, who will ask you to sign in and fill out any necessary documents.
When should I expect to hear back after my online submission or in person?
Our program supervisors meet twice a week to review new intake files. After our case managers meet, you should hear back within 1-3 business days after your initial appointment/assessment and securing of needed documents . Please note that all situations are handled on a case-by-case basis.
If you served your country, Veterans Leadership Program will serve you. Call us at 412-481-8200 or email us today!